Wednesday, December 28, 2011

trips, parties, and new beginnings...

Tomorrow, we leave for Milwaukee. We are celebrating Ada Louise's 1st birthday at my parents' house with a few relatives and friends. I can't wait to see how it turns out....I haven't started any of the crafts, decorations or recipes...but I have a sneaking suspicion that it is going to turn out amazingly. I need to run a few quick errands before the party to find some goodies at the dollar store and some thrift stores to make the party complete. Here are some of my inspirations, thus far...



While in Wisconsin, we are also celebrating NYE in Madison with many dear Chicago friends. I really can't wait! I found this amaze-balls dress on clearance at Francesca's for $30! I can't wait to wear it with some thick black tights and platform black heels! My lady friends and I decided to all wear sequins...so this will be an extra sparkly NYE for us!

I am feeling nervous and excited for the new year. I am dedicating myself to a major personal overhaul...mentally and physically. My hubby and I have decided to try our hand at being vegetarians for the year. I have been a vegetarian before (for many years..) and felt that this was the right time to ease back into it...or, rather, leap blindly back into it. I have about 50 gazillion things I want to accomplish this year, a) because I feel that this is the year to do major things, b) I am turning 30 this year and I guess that is what people do when they hit that milestone. Here are a few things on my "to do" list:
1) Write a children's book...even if it is only in a journal and is horribly awful.
2) Practice yoga at least once a week...it just makes me a better person.
3) Start painting, again...it really is my favorite thing to do, other than yoga.
4) Start and end my day with positivity...that is hard for me...somehow I have turned into the world's biggest pessimist.
5) Be brave. Be brave. Be brave. I second guess everything I do. I don't do things for fear of what people will think or how things will look or that what I do might not be good enough. I want to stop all of that nonsense this year.

Here's to a happy new year. I will see you in 2012...the year of luck, love, and possibilities!





No comments:

Post a Comment