Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Swimming lessons

One of the first things I wanted to do when we moved to Omaha was to sign Ada Louise up for swimming lessons. In Chicago, it is a pain in the butt to get this task accomplished. Everything fills up really quickly...like in hours. So, I was hoping it was a bit easier in Omaha. I was definitely right...seeing as 4 days before the class started there were only 3 people signed up. Hooray for Omaha, again! I signed Ada Louise up for lessons at the Maple Street YMCA for Saturday mornings. I was a bit worried for my husband because I knew it would conflict with Iowa football games, but he took it like a champ and was really excited to have an activity that he could do with Ada. Derek took her in on the first day so that I could take some pictures...I've been SO looking forward to snapping some shots of her first swimming lesson in a frilly little bikini. She absolutely loved it...which isn't really a surprise because she loved being in and playing in water. The second week, Derek and I both took her in. It was so cute to see her splashing, chewing on toys, and just generally relaxing in the pool.

2 comments: