Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Farmer's Market

Even though Ada Louise had a nasty little cold, we decided we should get out and enjoy the fantastic weather at the Farmer's Market at Aksarben Village. Yes, Aksarben is Nebraska spelled backwards, for those of you non-Nebraskans. I found that little tidbit ridiculously funny when we first became aware of the area. The market is a little treasure! Lots of families, local produce, a band who sings in a language I cannot recognize for the life of me (but I have a sneaking suspicion it might be Portuguese). We picked up some homemade dog treats for Phillip and Olivia, with the perk being that the proceeds benefit homeless animals in Omaha. Ada Louise also got her own little pumpkin which she absolutely adored. After shopping the market, we headed over to the playground for some swing time.

I love that the markets in Omaha are so accessible. In Chicago, you had to find parking and fight through throngs of people to get your produce. This is just way more relaxed and family friendly. Even though we have only been here a week, I feel a great weight lifted off of me. Omaha is so laid back. The people are friendly and it isn't a pain in the butt to get from point A to point B. I love hearing cicadas and just the quiet at night. I love walking through the quaint little neighborhoods with front and backyards. I love that everyone says hello to you as you pass them on walks. I have high hopes for our new life here. I can't wait to meet some new friends and have dinner parties at our new house. I can't wait to decorate our house and really make it our own. I am just excited for what lies ahead for us in this great city!




1 comment:

  1. You guys look awesome- the Nebraska air looks to be treating you well!! Can't wait to follow along on your journey!

    ReplyDelete