Thursday, September 22, 2011

New Music!

I have been in a music rut for quite a long time. Seriously, I could sing EVERY song from EVERY Rilo Kiley album in my sleep. I used to be on the pulse of what was happening in my niche of music. I used to go to so many shows and research so many new bands that were up and coming. I used to scour the record store for something new that might pique my interest. Time went on and I got busy and distracted...I discovered bands that I loved about a year too late...I'm talking about you Best Coast...I missed every show that I would have loved to see, including a Jenny & Johnny show (oh, the shame). But, I am now assured that I am getting back into the swing of things. Not only have I bought tickets to 2 concerts in the next month and a half, but I have also discovered some bands that I really like. Here are some bands old and new that are now gracing my iPod playlists: The Living Sisters, "Love to Live"- Ada Louise and I listen to this every morning during breakfast....and I sing my lungs out while Ada stares at me wondering why she has the worlds weirdest mom. The Mynabirds, "What We Lose in the Fire We Gain in the Flood"- Great Saddle Creek band. The Head and the Heart, self-titled- This could be totally dated, but I really like them. Mates of State, "Mountaintops" - Discovered them in college and still love them now. The new album is so fun! Love "Palomino" and "Maracas. "

3 comments:

  1. i am totally in love with Lost In My Mind right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Head & The Heart are touring right now with Thao. We're going to the Madison show. If you like Best Coast be sure to pick up their iTunes Sessions, it's worth it for any fan of the band.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip! We are going to see The Head & The Heart in Omaha on October 9th. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete