Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Be Thankful!

I came upon a blog post yesterday on Nat the Fat Rat that really made me take a look at my life and what I should be thankful for. The post was about Alicia, from the blog, Posie Gets Cozy. She adopted the sweetest little ladybug of a baby last week. They named her Maisie Alice and she was sweet and full of light. Unfortunately, due to a horrible loophole in the Illinois adoption system, this baby was taken away from Alicia 6 days after the placement because the paternal father came through in the last hour. The father was never in the mother, nor the baby's life and the whole situation was quite shady and abrupt and in bad taste. I was shattered reading the account by Alicia. I couldn't imagine preparing for so long for this child, having this child and loving it, and then it being taken away. Please keep Alicia in your thoughts...and please remember to be thankful for all the good in your life. If you are a mother, be thankful for your child...even through their worst temper tantrums or when they wake up 15 bazillion times in the middle of the night. They are yours and they are a gift.

1 comment:

  1. I read that as well and cried for those families. My friend adopted in that state and had a similar issue, but b/c it was so shady she won and now has a happy family!

    ReplyDelete