Saturday, August 6, 2011

Things I Will Miss

I have been to Omaha many times over the past 8 years to visit my husband's family and now that it is my reality that we will be living there in just a few short weeks, I have had time to think about what I will miss about Chicago after all the complaining about how much I need to leave this place. So, here is a list of what I will miss:

1. All the baby/children's resources-
I absolutely loved my time being pregnant because I had Bump Club Chicago. It was so much fun to go out to dinner and listen to speakers who had pertinent information about having a baby and keeping them happy, healthy and safe. Post-baby, it has been so fantastic to have so many great resources at my fingertips. Play cafes like Little Beans and Kookaburra Cafe, Bubbles Academy, hundreds of baby boutiques, post-natal workout classes, etc. I am really hoping to start something in Omaha to bring moms and moms-to-be together and really expand the pre and post baby market.
2. My OB/Gyn-
Oh, how I will miss Dr. Sabbagha and Agnes. They are the most fabulous medical people I know. I love love love them and thank them for everything. I can't believe that Dr. Sabbagha won't be there to deliver my second child (whenever they come about) and Agnes won't be there to bring me back to reality.
3. Lake Michigan-
It is so calming to walk along Lake Michigan with Ada Louise. I was so thrilled when we had a picnic there for Mother's Day, this year. Though I don't take full advantage of it...I love that it is there.
4. Restaurants galore-
Though we don't go out to dinner at all anymore, I will miss the plethora of options that we have in Chicago when choosing a dinner spot. Mostly, I will miss the sushi. How I love sushi...especially from El Toro and Wakamono.
5. Walking-
My most favorite thing about living in the city is that we can walk most places. I can load Ada Louise up in the stroller and head out for coffee, groceries, a stop at the bookstore, the florist, a paper shop...really anything. I will miss that... a lot.
6. Brunch-
Lula Cafe and Nookies, I'm looking at you. Lula, I will never forget your amazing local and organic selection of goodies that grace your menu every weekend. Nookies, your mango hotcakes and pumpkin pancakes are divine. Fall will not be the same without you.


No comments:

Post a Comment